Wednesday 21 March 2012

Hey, Guess What? I'm 22 And I Still Miss My Cat



Today marks six months since my cat passed away and I honestly can't believe how long it's been. Some people may not get it, most likely people who have never had a pet, but I have found it pretty hard getting over the loss of my cat.

I got her when I was seven just coming up to eight and she was a part of my childhood, teen years and early adulthood, she was a huge chapter of my life. Unfortunately all chapters have to come to an end and that's probably the hardest part because deep down we convince ourselves that the chapter will never end but sadly, the end is inevitable.

I don't want to make this post too sad because there's no need for it to be. I know that I will never forget Dasher, she was my first ever cat, my first ever proper pet, she was there for me when school was too much, friends were being mean and my parents were annoyed at me, she was my constant - and I'll always miss that.

She was also ridiculously cute with the most amazingly quirky personality, from having her 'crazy episodes', where for no reason she would just start randomly running up and down the stairs, to working out how to open doors, no big deal but she was kind of a genius. She wasn't the most affectionate cat and definitely not a lap cat, she was born a stray so it wasn't really in her nature but it just meant that when she did show affection, it counted more to me. I remember last summer when I was feeling particularly down after a difficult day and it was completely out of character for her but she jumped up next to me on the sofa and snuggled up against my leg and fell asleep, she did this two nights in a row, two nights when I'd been feeling rubbish. Another time was when I came home from uni and I'd been feeling quite homesick that week and she jumped up on the sofa again and fell asleep against me with her paw over me. It's little things like that which mean more when they don't normally happen.

Anyway, I may be 22 and expected to act all mature and stuff but honestly? I miss my cat a lot and I don't think I'll ever stop missing her. I'm just thankful that she was my family's cat and that I got to have her in my life. She was, quite simply, the best cat ever.


Pope Cat. I was bored. She was unimpressed.

Caaaa-ute

Sleeping like a people. How is that even comfortable?

Best cat ever? I THINK SO!





No comments:

Post a Comment