Tuesday 26 August 2014

Liebster Award

Let me start off by saying that before yesterday I had no idea what the Liebster (not to be mistaken with lobster!) Award was - in fact I'd never even heard of it before!  From the little bit of Googling that I did on it, the Liebster Award is essentially an award/nomination given to a blog with under 200 followers via another blogger. 



I would just like to say a massive thanks to Erica and Liv who both nominated me, I would also like to encourage anyone reading this to check out Erica's and Liv's awesome blogs because they're kind of amazing and so much fun to read! 

So the rules of the Liebster Award are pretty simple (thank goodness!) and they are:
  1. You must list eleven facts about yourself.
  2. You must answer the eleven questions given to you by the blogger who has nominated you.
  3. You need to write eleven brand new questions.
  4. You then have to nominate eleven other bloggers who have under 200 followers to answer your questions. 
  5. Finally, you then must let your blog nominees know that they have been nominated.
Now because I've been nominated by two bloggers, I'm going to try and do it all in one blog post rather than two incredibly similar blog posts as that would seem a little pointless and incredibly dull for you, the reader! 

Here we go!

My eleven facts:
  1. I hate bananas, I hate whipped cream (unless it has brandy in it) and I hate toffee but I LOVE bannoffee pie.  It makes no sense.
  2. I still love Roald Dahl books (even though I'm a little bit past the target age demographic).
  3. I once waved at Ben Elton going down the tube station escalators and he did the thumbs-up sign at me.  It was great.  Trust me.
  4. I must watch Home Alone on Christmas Eve every year.
  5. I hate the cold.
  6. I find doing nail art really therapeutic and relaxing.
  7. A cup of tea and a Tim Tam have the ability to cheer me up in seconds.
  8. I was introduced to Chicken Shawarmas whilst I was out in Qatar and not a day goes by when I don't crave them.
  9. I will never stop loving Australia.  If I could live out there then I would.
  10. I will never sing Christmas songs until it's December as someone once told me that it was unlucky and it has stuck with me ever since.
  11. I still don't know the words to Auld Lang Syne which always makes New Years Eve very awkward for me every year.





Erica/ Kinky Curly ME's questions with my answers:
  1. What inspires your Blog? It can be anything from what I've done that week to something someone has said to me or just what's on my mind that day.
  2. What is your favourite beauty item? It has to be Chanel's Le Volume de Chanel mascara, it's my HG mascara and just incredible at lengthening and volumising lashes.
  3. How old are you? 24........I'm getting on a bit.
  4. How long have you been blogging? Since my second or third year of uni so probably about 4(ish) years now.
  5. Favourite pair of shoes? Probably my Converse sneakers.
  6. Favourite accessory? A big, chunky, statement necklace.
  7. What scares you most? Spiders.
  8. Favourite lip balm? Strawberry Chapstick - which is a mission to find these days, Sainsbury's seems to be the only place that stocks Chapstick now!
  9. Dogs or cats? Cats. Obviously - I mean, look at my last blog post, it pretty much sums my answer up!
  10. What's your favourite Handbag designer? Either Chanel or Lulu Guinness.
  11. Favourite makeup brand? I'm going to go with Benefit as I appear to have quite a few Benefit products in my makeup bag so they must be doing something right!





Liv/ Perfectly Popcorn's questions with my answers:
  1. What do you prefer: Reading a book or watching a film? Reading a book.
  2. Do you have a favourite actor or actress? I mean, there's a lot to choose from but the other day I watched a Reese Witherspoon film and it reminded me how much I love her so I'm just going to choose her for now.
  3. Who is the person who inspires you most? I don't think I have a person who inspires me the most.  My Mum, Dad and brother always inspire me in that no matter what, there is always humour around us and we can make each other laugh - I'm afraid that that's as close to an answer as I can get.
  4. What is your favourite makeup brand? Benefit is probably the brand that I buy from the most so I guess subconsciously that makes it my favourite brand, right?
  5. What bloggers/vloggers do you read/watch/stalk the most? Probably Zoella, and not just because I love her blog and vlogs but also because it's inspiring to see how much can be achieved from blogging.
  6. Who is your OTP (One True Pair)?  Ok, so I had to Google what OTP meant with this question and then hit up the Urban Dictionary, I'm so down with the kids.  Clearly.  So, my answer would have to be Buffy and Angel.       
  7. What high end fashion brand would you love to be at the FROW of at their next fashion show? Either Elie Saab or Moschino, I couldn't possibly choose between the two! 
  8. In a book/film/TV show, would you rather be the main character's best friend who gets killed off within the first 3 episodes, or the main character's arch enemy? I'd rather be the arch enemy as, let's be honest, I'd like to last longer than 3 episodes and also because who's to say that it's not the main character who's the bad guy/villain in this scenario, just because I'm the arch enemy doesn't mean that I can't be the 'goodie' and save the day!
  9. What is the "nerdiest" aspect about yourself? I have a couple of graphic novels (*cough* comic books) in my possession. 
  10. Do you have any aspirations for when you're older? As long as I'm happy and still writing then those are all the aspirations I need!
  11. What's the biggest problem that you've had to overcome? I think being away from home for my first year of uni was something that I struggled with but after I settled in it was all good.
 
 
 
 
 
Now it's time for my eleven questions for my Liebster Award nominees:
  1. If you could live in any country in the future, where do you see yourself living?
  2. Where was the last place you went on holiday?
  3. What is your favourite film?
  4. What is the best thing about yourself?
  5. What was the last book you read?
  6. Who is your favourite fashion designer?
  7. What is your HG (Holy Grail) beauty product?
  8. Why did you decide to start a blog?
  9. Shorts or skirts?
  10. Who is your style icon?
  11. What's your favourite perfume?
My Eleven Nominees are:
Thanks so much again to Erica (Kinky Curly ME) and Liv (Perfectly Popcorn) again for the nominations and also big thanks to my nominees for creating such incredible blogs that brighten up my day!
 
Amanda x
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi love! I enjoyed reading you're answers to this (absolutely agree with Elie Saad and Moschino!). I see you nominated me, thank you so much for that! I already answered the Liebster award before, here's the link in case you want to check it out :)

    http://bubbleswardrobe.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-award.html

    Thank you so much again xx
    Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely check it out :)
      I'm so glad you agree about it Elie Saab and Moschino, all I want in life is to wear an Elie Saab dress haha!

      Amanda x

      Delete
  2. Ahh I loved reading your answers to my questions! I'm also very glad that I'm not the only girl in the world to own graphic novels! I love them to bits!

    PerfectlyPopcorn: www.livlovfilmsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much, it was so much fun to do so thanks for nominating me :)
      I've only recently gotten into graphic novels but I already love them so I'm glad we can agree on that! Haha

      Amanda x

      Delete